Saturday 19 March 2011

Aspirations to become a director

From the time i can remember, i have always wanted to become a director. Making movies is my passion in life. Lights,camera, action - The three magical words that keep me on a high. As a child growing up my views about life had always been different, while other kids my age would rejoice about the fact that they get to go to the playground or attend a birthday party i rejoiced over the brilliant joy that i used to get if i was allowed to watch a moive. As a child when asked what i wanted to become when i grew up i would always say that i wanted to be something that would help bring immense happiness to people. i never was quite sure what i wanted to do with my life for a very long time.As a child everyone would always see me taking pictures and shooting small videos and would never see me playing with barbie dolls or playing with any other toy that children my age would  usually be playing with. By the time i was 7 years old  pepole around me began to notice that i used too take stupendous pictures for a 7 year old. By the time i was 10  i started making documentaries on several issues and my docuementaries started gaining lot of attention.

i started taking part in several photography competitions and also started participating in several small scale film making contests and started to win. As i started making short films i realised that it was my calling to do this. I realised that i enoyed this and i decided that i wanted to be a film maker. i was very determined to achieve my goal.I  knew it wasnt going to be easy and i knew there were going to be constant paralles that were going to be drawn between my father and me. My father is also a well known fim maker and in the begingin i thought i was drawn to film making as a chance to impress my father but i realised that i actually had a lot of passion and zeal for making movies. Both my parents encouraged me and gave me all their support.

Today i work towards being a succesful director and following in the footsteps of my father. i know that the ride isnt going to be easy but lifes a climb but the view is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment